5 Must-Do Myrtle Beach Attractions for Kids Under Age 5
We get asked a lot, “What are some good things to do for a family who has young children?” While a lot of Myrtle Beach attractions are geared towards older children, teens and adults, there is still a lot of fun to be had by the younger children. We’ve compiled a list of the top 5 attractions that you must put on your list if you have children under the age of 5 and are planning a vacation to Myrtle Beach.
1. Children’s Museum of South Carolina: Take your little tykes to the Children’s Museum of South Carolina during your next vacation to Myrtle Beach! Curious minds and the eagerness to learn are combined with bright, fun and interactive experiences at the museum. The museum features special exhibits, such as Turtle Travels and unique activities like Tales for Tots, which integrates stories and crafts for kids ages 1 to 4. Let your child become a fossil hunter, get inside a huge bubble, or make a work of art! Here your child’s creativity and excitement can run wild. The museum is located at 2501 N. Kings Hwy., in Myrtle Beach.
2. Ripley’s Aquarium: Ripley’s Aquarium is great for the whole the family, but did you ever think about how fun it can be for the little ones in the group? The bright colors, fast moving fish and the experience of getting up close and personal with some of nature’s wonders can be a great experience for children under the age of 5. If you want a picture to remember your day at the aquarium, show your VMB Card and get a 6”x8” souvenir picture for only $7! In addition to the regular exhibits and activities, nine times throughout the year the aquarium offers Sea Squirts, a program for pre-schoolers and their parents. This one-hour program covers different topics such as “Explore the Beach” and “Sharkee’s Teeth; Chomp Chomp.” Be sure to check their website for the latest schedule!
3. Wonderworks: Do you think your child would enjoy making music by stepping on the ground? Or get inside of a giant bubble? Or meet a life-sized astronaut? If you answered yes, then you should take your child to Wonderworks during your next Myrtle Beach vacation! While some exhibits are geared towards older children and adults, others like “Fun with Light and Sound” and the “Bubble Lab” are fun for all ages! And, if you show your VMB Card, you can get your little one a free souvenir mood cup and soft drink to enjoy. You don’t want to miss the amazing adventures you and your child will have at Wonderworks!
4. Alligator Adventure: While you may want to skip the alligator portion of Alligator Adventure (if they frighten your child) kids under the age of 5 can visit the Ring-Tailed Lemurs, watch the colorful tropical birds, and meet some frogs! Plus, children 3 and under get in to the park for free. Here they will enjoy viewing a variety of animals in a natural environment and have fun learning about them too.
5. Waccatee Zoo: Spend an old-fashioned day at the zoo with your family at the Waccatee Zoo! If your little ones get tired of walking around you can rent a wagon to make getting around for them a little bit easier. Children ages 12 months up to 12 years old can get in for only $4 and babies under a year old are free, and with your VMB Card you will get 10% off of the total cost of entry. Children can get up close to goats, pigs, birds and other animals while keeping a safe distance from lions and tigers and bears. Your young child will love watching all of the varieties of monkeys that call this zoo home. Peanuts are even available for purchase so your child can feed them, a one of a kind experience! If you need a break during your visit you can get snacks at the concessions stand or bring your own lunch and have a picnic. The zoo is a great way to show your child the wonderful ways of nature and have them meet some new animal friends!
Leave a Reply
Captain's Quarters: What's Nearby
Captain’s Quarters, the March featured resort for Vacation Myrtle Beach, has plenty of things for guests to do. From the Level 6 Entertainment Center to the Shipwreck Lagoon, it offers some of the best amenities of any of the Myrtle Beach resorts. But it’s also close to a lot of great shopping, dining and fun things to do. Here’s a list of just a few of things that are close to Captain’s Quarters.
The Top 5 Vacation Myrtle Beach Partner Restaurants
Here in Myrtle Beach we are lucky to have a very diverse selection of restaurants; serving everything from chicken fingers to foie gras, and no one does it better. And while here on vacation it may be difficult to navigate the assortment of food available. Here’s a list of the top 5 must eat at restaurants in town. Bon appétit!
Spring Specials at Vacation Myrtle Beach Resorts (with Baseball!)
Followers of Carolina League baseball and other baseball lovers thinking about taking a Myrtle Beach vacation should be sure to take advantage of the specials being offered by a number of Myrtle Beach resorts during May.
What's Nearby: Landmark Resort
A resort or hotel is only as good as its surroundings. The Landmark Resort is no exception. As the most sought after destination on the Grand Strand, the Landmark is surrounded by attractions that help make it such a spectacular choice among Myrtle Beach hotels.
Father's Day in Myrtle Beach
Mother’s Day is in the rearview mirror but there’s another major family member that you’ll need to be celebrating soon. Father’s Day falls on the 3rd Sunday in June, which this year is 16th, and now is the time to start planning that special surprise for Dad. Here are two options that can be considered well in advance when planning a stay at Vacation Myrtle Beach resorts.
Maggie Moos Ice Cream: VMB Partner Spotlight
One of the temptations that will entice you during your Myrtle Beach vacation is MaggieMoo's Ice Cream and Treatery in Barefoot Landing.
Myrtle Beach Hotel Deals in October
There’s nothing better than an October Myrtle Beach vacation--except getting a great rate on your hotel. Save a few dollars this Fall with these Vacation Myrtle Beach deals.
Black Friday in Myrtle Beach
Visitors to Myrtle Beach resorts over the Thanksgiving holiday will want to make the best of Black Friday, the busiest shopping day of the year. Many stores open their doors at midnight for their Black Friday specials and stay open for the whole weekend. You’ll find no shortage of fantastic shopping deals over the holiday weekend.
Original Benjamin's Calabash Seafood: VMB Partner Spotlight
There’s a reason Benjamin’s Calabash Seafood has “original” in the title – it’s not just for show. The excellence of this restaurant has been tried and tried again to be beat with no success. It’s a famous Grand Strand landmark that is full of freshly caught seafood and unlimited dining options.
What's Nearby The Palms Resort
Palms Resort provides stunning ocean views, beautiful beachfront, a private balcony, and the indoor and outdoor pools that make your stay in Myrtle Beach one to remember. Palms is also conveniently close to these prime attractions:
Travinia Italian Kitchen: Vacation Myrtle Beach Partner Spotlight
There are hundreds of restaurants on the Grand Strand, all trying to lure you in while you’re on your Myrtle Beach vacation. But one of the best in the area is Travinia.
Ripley's Aquarium: Vacation Myrtle Beach Partner Spotlight
It’s no surprise Ripley’s Aquarium is one of Myrtle Beach’s top attractions – it cost more than $40 million to build and is completely state-of-the-art.
California Dreaming: VMB Partner Spotlight
You may be in South Carolina, but you’ll want to check out California Dreaming on your vacation.
Aspen Grille: VMB Partner Spotlight
With more than 1,500 restaurants along the Grand Strand to choose from, a little help in making that choice is often welcome. Vacation Myrtle Beach has a number of these restaurants in its partner program, and there is one that you must try out during your Myrtle Beach vacation-- Aspen Grille.
Shuckers Raw Bar: VMB Partner Spotlight
In South Carolina, specifically Myrtle Beach, you see raw bars everywhere. Some look fancy and upscale, while some look like a beach shack and make you a bit nervous.
Carolina Roadhouse: VMB Partner Spotlight
It may be called “roadhouse” but you won’t find a Patrick Swayze type at Carolina Roadhouse. You will happy find one of the Grand Strand’s best atmospheres and great food – so great Golf Magazine named it “where to eat with your buddies.”
Croissants Bistro and Bakery: VMB Partner Spotlight
Croissants Bistro and Bakery is one of the all around treats of Myrtle Beach. This Myrtle Beach eatery has won numerous awards and it is not a surprise why.
Night Fever Retro Party Club: VMB Partner Spotlight
Looking for somewhere fun to dance and let loose on your vacation, but don't want to get stuck at one of those highly priced night clubs and dance clubs? Well, Night Fever Retro Party Club is different from any other club and judging from the social media buzz, if you like partying this is the place to be.
Myrtle Beach Christmas: Dinner Options
Staying in Myrtle Beach this Christmas? We’re so glad! Experiencing Christmas at the beach is something that everyone should do at least once. To help you make your holiday here even more enjoyable and care-free here are some restaurants that will be open so you can go out for a big holiday meal, or have it brought to your room!
Comedy Cabana: Vacation Myrtle Beach Partner Spotlight
Your Myrtle Beach vacation should be full of as much fun as possible and what could be more fun than sitting back with your favorite cocktail, listening to some of the best stand up comedians?
Hard Rock Cafe: Vacation Myrtle Beach Partner Spotlight
While on your Myrtle Beach vacation you have to make a stop at one of Myrtle Beach's biggest and most memorable landmarks: the Myrtle Beach Hard Rock Cafe.
The Original Spring House Family Restaurant: Vacation Myrtle Beach Partner Spotlight
Looking for a good family restaurant – one with lots of choices for you and the kids, but none of the constraints or price tag of a fine dining place? You can’t do better than pay a visit to the Original Spring House Family Restaurant.
Beach Horseback Riding at Inlet Point Plantation: Vacation Myrtle Beach Partner Spotlight
Fancy a horseback ride on the beach? The Inlet Point Plantation Stables are located at the far northeastern end of the Grand Strand just short of the state border. The stables offer a wide variety of rides suitable for all ages and all levels of riding skill.
Midtown Bistro: VMB Partner Spotlight
Midtown Bistro is a local favorite on the Grand Strand due to its local flavors and ingredients.
Lombardo's Restaurant: Myrtle Beach Restaurant Partner Spotlight
When you’re in the mood for Italian, there are many restaurants to choose from in Myrtle Beach. But, one stands apart -- Lombardo’s.
Fire Island Grill: Vacation Myrtle Beach Partner Restaurant
Vacation Myrtle Beach partners with some of the best of the best on the beach and one of those restaurants is the Fire Island Grill.
Sun Cruz Casino: A Vacation Myrtle Beach Partner
Whether you’re a golfer visiting Myrtle Beach or on a family vacation, you’ll want to spend a fun-filled evening on what has been called the Ultimate 19th hole: SunCruz Casino, a floating paradise of table games, slots, buffet dinners, and live entertainment.
Myrtle Beach Planet Hollywood: VMB Partner Restaurant
Odds are pretty good that you’ve heard of Planet Hollywood. And odds are also pretty good that you’ll see Planet Hollywood when you’re in Myrtle Beach on vacation.
Myrtle Beach Valentine's Day Dining and Events
There’s nothing more romantic than February by the ocean. This month, love is in the air at Myrtle Beach, so bring the one you love on a special Myrtle Beach vacation and enjoy these ideas on your getaway built for two.
Damon's Grill: Vacation Myrtle Beach Restaurant Partner
When vacationing in Myrtle Beach one of the most difficult decisions you'll have to make is where to eat. But one of the best restaurants you should make sure to visit while in Myrtle Beach is Damon's Grill.