Gluten Free and Vegetarian Myrtle Beach Restaurants
Here is our list of the Top 5 Myrtle Beach Restaurants for those with gluten-free or vegetarian diets. No need to worry about not sticking to your diet plan while on vacation, just check out these restaurants:
1. Travinia Italian Kitchen (Gluten-Free Options) – A VMB Card Member, Travinia Italian Kitchen features an entire gluten-free menu (http://www.traviniaitaliankitchen.com/docs/Gluten-free-menu-Travinia.pdf) to serve those who have gluten allergies or who are on a gluten free diet. Their gluten-free choices include Mozzarella Caprese, Pollo Isabella, Shrimp and Sausage Arrabiata, Spinach Salad, Chicken Marsala, and Liguine and White Wine Clam Sauce. For dishes that call for pasta, Travinia uses gluten-free pasta so that all can enjoy the tastes of Italy! With your VMB Card you will get a great dining deal by getting 15% off your check. Travinia is located at 4011 Deville St. in Myrtle Beach.
2. Bay Naturals (Gluten-Free and Veg Options) – Bay Naturals is a health food store complete with a kitchen that offers both indoor and outdoor seating as well as to-go orders. Sit outside under their covered patio as fans gently cool you down or sit inside and enjoy the air conditioning. Or even better yet, get your meal to go and take it with you to the beach! Bay Naturals offers a variety of vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options. Their menu includes homemade soups, smoothies, quiche, sandwiches, burgers, wraps and desserts. Bay Naturals is located near the beach at 7611 N Kings Highway in Myrtle Beach.
3. Redi-et Ethiopian Cuisine (Veg Options) – If you have never tried Ethiopian food, now is the perfect time! Located just blocks from the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, Redi-et serves up delicious Ethiopian food with a catch – you have to eat with your hands (unless you request untensils)! Redi-et serves up more than 10 vegetarian/vegan options including Shiro (seasoned and sun dried peas), Atkilt (a variety of vegetables), Misir kik (lentils) and Ater Kik (split peas). If you cannot decide on just one you can choose three vegetarian items to make a platter. If the kids are traveling with you, they offer vegetarian options on their children’s menu. Redi-et is located at 746 Main St. in Myrtle Beach and is open Tuesday through Friday 4 p.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday noon to 10 p.m. and Sunday 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.; they are closed on Mondays. If you are ready to get messy while enjoying great food, be sure to check out Redi-et the next time you are at the beach!
4. River City Café (Veg Options)– If you love burgers but are a vegetarian or vegan, you know that most restaurants do not offer a veggie burger as an option. At River City Café the opposite is true – any of their “World Famous Burgers” can be swapped out for a veggie burger, leaving you with almost too many choices of which burger to choose! Choices include the black-n-blue burger, cheese lovers burger, shoestring burger, California presto burger or the Woodstock burger. River City Café has locations in North Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach, Socastee, Surfside and Murrells Inlet.
5. Black Thai Restaurant and Lounge 22 (Veg Options) – Black Thai provides an array of vegetarian options to get your appetite going including Black Thai spring rolls, firm tofu cakes and fresh Thai roll. After you have downed your appetizer consider ordering one of their tasty vegetarian soups such as tom yum, house soup or tofu soup followed by a vegetarian salad like garlic ginger veggie or spicy tofu salad. Now that you are ready for the main entrée you can choose to have tofu as your “meat” in pad Thai, red curry luck, garlic basil Thai, yellow curry lovers or in any of their other many choices. Black Thai has a large variety of choices for the vegetarian that loves Thai food! Black Thai is located at 710 Main St. in Myrtle Beach.