Things to Do in Myrtle Beach Sept. 14 - 16
As summer winds down and fall activities begin to occur, Myrtle Beach is the host of a myriad of events and activities all fall long. This weekend is no exception! Here is our list of the top 5 events to check out this weekend in Myrtle Beach during your vacation.
1. Market Common Restaurant Week: Running all weekend and into next week is the annual Market Common Restaurant Week. A variety of Market Common eateries will be offering up special items on the restaurant week menu for dinner from 5 p.m. until 11 p.m. Some restaurants are offering multi-course meals for a set price, while others are offering special prices or buy one get one free deals. Whether you want to sink your teeth into Blackened Mahi Mahi at Tommy Bahama Restaurant and Bar or savor Beer Marinated Ribeye at King Street Grille, this event gives patrons a chance to taste the best foods of their favorite restaurant or find a new favorite.
2. Society of Stranders Fall Migration: If you like to shag, then you are in town during the perfect time of year here! The Society of Stranders Fall Shag Migration begins on Friday and runs through Sept. 23. As a farewell to the summer, the migration is a meeting of those who love to shag. With shag events and dances taking place all over the city, the music will be playing all weekend long!
3. Aynor Harvest Hoe Down: The annual Aynor Harvest Hoe-Down is a fun way to kick off the fall season. Aynor, which is located about 30 minutes from Myrtle Beach, past Conway on Hwy. 501, has had this festival for the past 32 years. Now in its 33rd year, The Hoe-Down takes place at the Aynor Town Park and entertains festival-goers with a parade at 10 a.m., live music from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., and concludes with a street dance from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. In addition to entertainment, the festival also showcases a variety of booths set up by artisans, crafters and of course, food vendors.
4. Departure: A Tribute to Journey: Head over to the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach to hear Journey’s hits performed by tribute band Departure. Departure has been rocking venues for 5 years now playing the best Journey hits. Tickets are only $10 in advance and $13 the day of the show.
5. Therapy Pool Party: hotel BLUE’s Therapy Pool Party will be this Sunday at noon. Open to locals, Coastal Carolina Students, guests and visitors, the party features a live DJ, bikini and tattoo contests, drinks and more. Patrons of the event can swim in the pool or have a seat at the swim-up pool bar where they can order large drinks like the Voodoo Bucket or stick with the more basic aluminum bottles of Bud.