Things to do this weekend in Myrtle Beach July 27 - 29
If you are lucky enough to be spending this weekend in Myrtle Beach during your vacation, you have many options of things to do and see. Here’s our list of the top 5 things events this weekend, July 27 to July 29.
1. Pelicans Minor League Baseball Game: Take the whole family to the Myrtle Beach Pelicans game at the TicketReturn.com field. They will be playing on Friday at 7:05 p.m., Saturday at 7:05 p.m. and Sunday at 6:05 p.m. against the Winston-Salem Dash. Each night is as separate theme; Friday night is Summer Olympics Night and Fiesta Friday at the park and they will be giving away picture frames to the first 1,000 guests. Saturday is Halloween in July and Sunday is Key West Night and Family Sunday where there is a family-friendly game of catch on the field prior to the game and fireworks post-game. So bring the whole family for a night of baseball fun!
2. Check out the Coco-Nuts Island Show: The Coco-Nuts Island show at the Myrtle Beach House of Blues on Friday night is the perfect way to party into the weekend. Jam to popular beach music including Jimmy Buffett and Bob Marley by the Coco-Nuts. Tickets for the show are $10 in advance or $13 the day of the show.
3. Splash in the Pool: Every Sunday is hotel BLUE’s Therapy Pool Party! It’s Myrtle Beach’s only Vegas-style pool party. Come party to a live DJ and get drinks from the swim-up pool bar. There is no cover for anyone 21 and up; $5 cover for 18-21 and no cover for hotel BLUE guests of any age. Plus, this Sunday they will be giving away a Twisted Tea cornhole set to one lucky winner!
4. Laugh the Night Away: Head over to the Comedy Cabana in the north end of Myrtle Beach to see Scott Henry’s comedy show. Shows are at 8 p.m. and 10:15 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and at 8 p.m. on Sunday. He has made appearances on “The King of Queens” and “Chelsea Lately,” and has done voice-overs for a variety of commercials. Tickets for the show are $15. With your VMB Card you can get their buy one ticket get one half off offer on Friday and Sunday (excludes Saturdays).
5. Ride your boat to the Boathouse: On Sunday the Boathouse will be continuing its weekly live concert series in its Intracoastal Waterway backyard. This Sunday’s free show is the rock band Fuel, well known for their hits including “Shimmer,” “Innocent,” and “Hemorrhage (In My Hands).” The show starts at 4:30 p.m. So have a seat on the grass or on your boat, grab a cold beer and eat a burger while celebrating summer!