Things to do this Weekend in Myrtle Beach Sept. 28-30
Fall is in the air!
This upcoming weekend is the first full weekend of fall, and it is a weekend of a variety of celebrations! If you don’t already have hotel accommodations set for this weekend, you still have time to book at your favorite resort so that you can attend all of the great festivals and events going on in Myrtle Beach this weekend. Don’t miss out!
Here is our list of the top 5 events going on in Myrtle Beach this weekend. Of course, you can always view all events on our events page.
1. Pawley’s Island Festival of Music and Art: For all of the art and music lovers out there, the Pawley’s Island Festival of Music and Art, which begins on Sept. 27, is a must-do fall event. This weekend features the Gallery Crawl on Sunday where you can get free admission to a variety of galleries in the area from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Check out 11 different galleries and view a myriad of beautiful and expression-filled pieces of art. Participating galleries include The Boyle Gallery, the Island Art Gallery and the Seacoast Mall Gallery.
2. St. John’s Greek Festival: This four-day festival is one of the area’s most popular festivals. St. John’s, located off of Bypass 17 in Myrtle Beach, is in its 21st year. The event offers festival-goers a delicious, delectable array of Greek food, dancing presentations featuring Greek dancers in traditional garb, Greek musical samplings and children’s activities. Join the thousands that attend this festival and see what all of the buzz is about! The hours for the festival are Thursday 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Friday and Saturday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. Come one day or come all four days! Opa!
3. 9th Annual Irish Italian International Festival: After celebrating the Greek in you, head over to North Myrtle Beach on Saturday for the 9th Annual Irish Italian International Festival! Whether you are of Irish or Italian decent or not, there is something for everyone to enjoy at this annual festival. Hosted by the city’s parks and recreation department, this event draws upwards of 15,000 people! From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Main Street becomes a celebration of the Irish and Italian cultures. Let you taste buds savor dishes from area restaurants, let your ears take in the melodies of music from two stages, and let your eyes widen as you watch traditional dancers and street performers. If don’t mind getting messy, you can enter in the Spaghetti Eating Competition (you may want to bring a bib)! Admission is free to for this fun and exciting event.
4. Atalaya Arts and Crafts Festival: Every year the Atalaya Arts and Crafts Festival is held at the Atalaya Castle at Huntington Beach State Park. The festival runs on Friday from 12 p.m. until 6 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. In its 37th year, the festival takes place in the historic castle within the state park, where festival-goers and stroll through the grassy courtyard and view works by more than 100 artists and crafters in a variety of mediums including metal work, stonework, watercolor, glass and jewelry. In addition to artwork, food will also be available as and the festival will be full of sounds from local musicians including Bruce Tereo, Latitude and the Northern Boarder Bluegrass Band. There is a fee for entry.
5. 5th Annual Oktoberfest: This weekend marks the first of two Oktoberfests to hit the Myrtle Beach area. The Market Common is the site of this 5th Annual Oktoberfest on Friday from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Enjoy the German spirit while indulging in German food, dancing to German music and sipping on Oktoberfest Biers. This event is for the whole family as it will also feature games for kids, face painting and inflatables for the children to enjoy!
Leave a Reply
Myrtle Beach St. Patrick's Day Celebration
The St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival in Myrtle Beach is always one of the bigger events of the year, and this year it takes place on Saturday March 16. This is an event that no visitor to Vacation Myrtle Beach resorts should miss.
March in Myrtle Beach
March is the perfect time to vacation in Myrtle Beach! The weather is warming up but you won’t have to worry about the usual hustle and bustle of the summer. With Spring quickly approaching there are tons of things to do, especially for those who stay at Vacation Myrtle Beach properties and take advantage of its partner discounts and events!
Easter at Myrtle Beach resorts
Easter is coming up soon and it makes for a great time to visit Myrtle Beach. Most kids and their parents have a couple days off and the weather is just starting to warm up. And there’s also the added benefit of lots of free activities at Myrtle Beach resorts around Easter.
April in Myrtle Beach
April sees the beginning of the summer season at Myrtle Beach hotels. A number of entertaining events have been scheduled for the month of April in addition to Myrtle Beach’s permanent activities.
Myrtle Beach Events in May
May promises to be a busy month this year in Myrtle Beach. Here, in chronological order, is a list of some of the main events you can witness During May while staying at Vacation Myrtle Beach resorts.
Cinco de Mayo at Vacation Myrtle Beach resorts
It is time to get dressed Mexican Style – Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner, so dig out your ponchos and sombreros and head for the Strand.
Memorial Day at Vacation Myrtle Beach Resorts: Kick off Your Summer
Where will you be when summer officially kicks off? Plan now to make it a beach holiday at one of Vacation Myrtle Beach's prime Myrtle Beach resorts. All you have to do is pack your bathing suit and sunscreen. The Vacation Myrtle Beach hotels will take care of the rest.
Things to do in October in Myrtle Beach
With the summer just about over, many visitors to Myrtle Beach resorts will be looking for local events to keep them occupied during their fall stay. Well, there’s plenty going on in October.
Halloween Events in Myrtle Beach
A number of events have been scheduled for Halloween in Myrtle Beach and the surrounding area. Here’s a listing of ghostly events for the area
Things to do in Myrtle Beach in December
Myrtle Beach might not have snow, but there’s no Winter Wonderland quite like it because there’s something fun going on every day in December. Put a little holiday season excitement in your Myrtle Beach vacation with these special December events.
New Years Eve in Myrtle Beach
Ringing in the New Year in Myrtle Beach? Or considering it? Well to help you make your decision on where to ring in 2013 here’s a list of all the great events going on in Myrtle Beach.
Myrtle Beach Christmas: Dinner Options
Staying in Myrtle Beach this Christmas? We’re so glad! Experiencing Christmas at the beach is something that everyone should do at least once. To help you make your holiday here even more enjoyable and care-free here are some restaurants that will be open so you can go out for a big holiday meal, or have it brought to your room!
Things to do in Myrtle Beach in January
The water may be chilly, but there’s plenty going on in Myrtle Beach in January to warm your spirits and spice up any stay at a Myrtle Beach resort. Here are some of the best things to do in Myrtle Beach in January:
Myrtle Beach Valentine's Day Dining and Events
There’s nothing more romantic than February by the ocean. This month, love is in the air at Myrtle Beach, so bring the one you love on a special Myrtle Beach vacation and enjoy these ideas on your getaway built for two.
UFOs, Alien Abductions And Encounters Explored at Broadway at the Beach
"Encounters: UFO Experience" will debut in Myrtle Beach, S.C. featuring exhibits on ancient unsolved mysteries, alien artifacts, space travel and modern day UFO sightings.
Best Couples Resorts in Myrtle Beach
Love is in the air at the Vacation Myrtle Beach resorts. Grab your sweetheart and experience a one-of-a-kind retreat for two, whether you like long strolls on the beach, cool dips in the pool, or a hot night on the town. Each resort offers a different option for romance.
Things to do in Myrtle Beach in February
People may have the notion that not much happens along the Grand Strand in February but that is far from the truth.
Myrtle Beach House of Blues: VMB Partner Spotlight
Though the House of Blues is world famous for their concerts many people may not know that the House of Blues is also an amazing place to dine and catch a regular show.
Myrtle Beach’s 75th Anniversary Air Show
To celebrate turning 75-years-old, Myrtle Beach is planning a myriad of activities. One of the most anticipated of these special events this summer is the Thunderbirds Air Show which will take place June 28 through 30.
Myrtle Beach Summer Events You Don’t Want to Miss
Myrtle Beach in the summer is always a fun vacation. From the hot sand between your toes to the sun shining down on you as you relax by the ocean, sometimes it seems like it can’t get much better than that! But, it can!
Myrtle Beach Summer Fireworks and Fourth of July Parades
Myrtle Beach is the ideal place to spend a hot summer day, followed by an evening under the stars while watching fireworks burst over the Myrtle Beach sky.
Things to do this weekend in Myrtle Beach: May 17 – 19
Spring is in the air in Myrtle Beach! As the air gets warmer, more and more people are heading to the beach and many events are planned throughout the month of May in Myrtle Beach. This weekend is no exception!